Sunday, June 23, 2013

Disaster Strikes....

I've been MIA for a while, and I'm finally resurfacing, now that we have completed our move to LA! This week has been an emotional roller coaster ride to say the least! We finally got everything packed up, including the pups and the kitty, and made it to LA. I am in love. LA is so fabulous, and there is something going on every second. It's so inspiring. Not to mention the weather and all the amazing places to eat! But wednesday of last week, we got the call that would change us. Our moving truck had set out, but never made it. Instead, it had engine trouble, causing a fire that destroyed everything. I really, truly thought I was on a radio station being pranked when the moving company called. Everything except us, the clothes in our duffels, our animals and a few precious items were on that truck. And all of a sudden, everything was gone, in an instant. I remember feeling deflated, sad, angry, relieved, all at the same time. It was like grieving. I still had everything important, I had to remember that. 

I spent the new few nights falling asleep while thinking of another thing or two that was lost forever. And then this past weekend - I attended Blog Shop. To say it was life changing would be an understatement. I was debating whether or not to even attend. I mean, I didn't want to be a total downer, and I still felt fragile. But as soon as I walked in, I knew it was a good idea. The energy in the room was amazing, and the people were creative, inspiring, and fun. And I learned some amazing new things to incorporate into my blog. 

I'm taking this time to view the move to LA as a true fresh start. New beginnings. New friendships. New opportunities. After all I could dwell in past, spending everyday thinking about things I'll never see again, or I could focus on the future and making new memories. I think the former is too draining, and isn't the way I want to spend my days. My perspective has certainly changed this past week. So looking forward to sharing this new journey with you!

No comments: