Thursday, February 28, 2013

London Style Guide by Saska Graville

Queen & Crumpet has a new favourite book! While perusing in Anthropologie a few weeks back, I stumbled upon this lovely book and picked it up immediately. I'm always inspired in that store, even if I don't purchase anything, but it's a bonus when you find something you want as well. I'm always looking to add new books to my library, and this is the perfect addition. I already own a ton of guidebooks about the UK, and London, but this book has something that the others do not. You won't find anything about palaces, cathedrals, museums, etc - this book takes you to all the places you never would think about going to - think of it as the local's guide to London, the inside track on those places you may normally walk by.

The book is broken down by neighbourhoods, each covering restaurants, cute little shops, chocolate stores, flower shops, bakeries. Giving you a brief description of each, along with location and their website. The Meet the Londoner sections scattered throughout give you a local's perspective on everything from their favourite shopping areas to their weekend breakfast haunts. The book almost feels like a journal, and it's pleasantly not your typical guidebook - it's better!  I'll definitely be using this one as my guidebook of choice for my next trip!





No comments: