Monday, July 15, 2013

Chicago on My Mind

The hubs and I haven't been back to Chicago in a loooong time. Like four years. Which isn't really that great, when you think about it. We haven't been the best son and daughter-in-law in that respect! So it was so good to be back for the engagement party for his younger brother and his fiancé.

We spent Friday in Downtown Chicago soaking up the city and some shopping. Shopping in Chicago is legendary, and I hit up all my usual places, as well as some new ones. The weather was fabulous, not your typical Chicago summer day, and we enjoyed a little gelato and some people watching...I forgot how much I love Chicago in the summer. The city has such a vibrancy to it. And so much culture. 













Saturday brought the engagement party, and spending time with family and friends. Most of whom I hasn't see since I got married 5 years ago! As you can see, the food was phenomenal, and I spent a ridiculous amount of time at the dessert table. Those cookies aren't going to eat themselves!

Cute new brew, done especially for the couple. 

My father-in-law has grown some amazingly beautiful cherry trees in his back yard...they look sweet, but trust me, they aren't!

No trip to Chicago is complete without a trip to see The Bean in Millennium Park.

We also popped into The Art Institute of Chicago and checked out the new exhibit, Impressionism, Fashion, and Modernity, which is not to be missed if you are in the area!

All in all, an amazing trip, so much fun and so many good times with family. Till next time, Chicago!







No comments: